are offered in all shapes and sizes, but how do you know which is the correct size for your room?
There are some common guidelines to help determine the appropriate size chandelier for a given space, but at the end of the day, these are all just rules of thumb.
Basic Chandelier Sizing Guidelines
- Add the length and width of your room together for a rough measurement.
- If your room is 10 feet x 12 feet, (10 + 12 = 22) the width of your chandelier should be roughly 22 inches wide.
- If you are installing your chandelier over a table, the bottom of the chandelier should be at least 30 inches from the table top.
- An alternate, but popular design guideline is to aim for a chandelier that has a diameter equal to 3/4 of the width of the table.
- If your chandelier is being installed in an entry way or in an area without a table below it, it should sit a minimum of 7 feet from the floor.